HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I pray that 2010 is a year full of blessings and grace and growth.
2009 was quite the year - Andrew's and my wedding and relaxing honeymoon in Vancouver, Amy and Dave's wedding, my uncle's wedding in Boston, the birth of our precious baby boy, the birth of 1 nephew and several friends' babies, my Aunt and Uncle's 25th Wedding Anniversary, my grandparents' 50th, and my parents' 25th (between the three of them - 100 years of marriage celebrated this year! What a testament to God's grace.) Andrew and I moved to the 420sqare foot apartment, painted it, and moved out again - into this amazing blessing of a townhouse.
We have celebrated great things together, and we have endured some hardships - but through all of it, God has shown Himself faithful. We are so blessed.
Normally, I don't make resolutions when the calendar flips to a new 4-digit date. This year, though, I'm finding that I need a little extra motivation on some things I've tried and failed to start over the last few months. And...in order to have just a little bit of accountability on those resolutions, I'm going to list them here.
I decided to break them into categories, and keep them simple, in hopes that simpler things are more attainable. We'll see how it goes, I guess.
* exercise 30 min 3x per week
* eat 4 fruits/vegetables each day
* drink 3 glasses of water each day
* 15 minutes of devotions each day
* 15 minutes of reading each day - novels, non-fiction, whatever - blogs don't count.
* learn to use my sewing machine effectively
* two uninterrupted 15 minute periods of play with William every day
* help William settle into a more stable sleeping routine
* have date-night once per month (probably I will draw heavily from Love, Actually for inspiration)
Hopefully, between categorization, managable time-periods, and a printed copy on the wall, I can achieve all of these.
What are you hoping to accomplish in 2010?
On the Menu: soft-shell tacos and leftover chicken-fried rice