Thursday 5 November 2009

Project Log: Episodes One and Two

BCD Show and tell


Easy Faux-Flower Headbands
I found this really cute craft idea on a blog somewhere...can't remember where, but I thought I'd share my version. 
This is a really simple, inexpensive, cute, girlie project.

I bought all of my supplies for this project at the dollar store this morning. 

You'll need: 
* silk flowers
* elastic headbands
* needle
*thread


Step 1: Pull apart your silk flowers.  Arrange them by size, since you'll be working largest to smallest.


This is everything I used for a single headband:


Step 2:  Sew the leaf onto the headband.  I sewed an 'X' through it to give it a little more stability through the next steps.

Step 3: Sew the petals on, working from largest to smallest.  When you get to the last one, bunch it up or fold it over a few times before sewing it in, to give it a little "bud" look in the centre of your flower.

Step 4: Tie off your extra thread in the back and trim so that there are no "danglies".

My finished project looked like this:

One each for Eliana and Lizzie.


To wrap them, I followed this tutorial by Sarah at Create Studio.

I think they turned out pretty cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails