Tuesday 7 September 2010

Super Easy Cucumber Salad Recipe

With last week being so hot all the time, with a history of throwing out the rotten lettuce before I remember to make a "real" salad, without having done groceries in almost a week, and with a desire to eat something cool and light rather than anything that would require turning on the oven, I turned to Google for a cucumber salad recipe.

I needed something that only used ingredients I had on hand - no fancy onions or extra vegetables, no specialty vinegars or sauces.

Here's what I came up with, based on a few different recipes I found:

Ingredients:
1 English cucumber, sliced thinly
4 tsp white vinegar
1/4 tsp white sugar
1/8 tsp salt

Source

Mix vinegar, sugar, and salt - I found it helped to toss it in the microwave for 5 to 10 seconds to help everything dissolve.
Pour over sliced cucumbers. Toss.
Drain excess liquid, so the cukes don't get soggy.

It's the perfect combination of sweet, salty, tart, and crunchy.  A nice light addition to many lunches and dinners in the last week or two.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails