Monday 15 February 2010

Happy Family Day

Today is Family Day here in Ontario.  

Family is something I have always been passionate about, but it's different from the motherhood side of the fence.  As a daughter and sister, family was important, but also brought obligations like fighting over whose turn it is to clean the bathroom, and arguing about curfews.  Now I get to enjoy some of the finer things of family life, you know, diapers, and baby puke and mushed up fruits mixed into gloopy cereal.  Oh yeah, and raspberries from my 6-month old son, and g'morning cuddles as my husband drops into bed at 7:30 after a long night at work and I prepare to get up and make some of that fruit and cereal and the ever-needed coffee, to change that diaper and find myself some clothes that aren't wearing the badge of baby puke motherhood.

Family Day this year will include a trip to my sister-in-law's, 40 minutes down the road, where we'll skate on the pond pretending to be a part of the Canadian Olympic Team (or watch the neices and nephews as they find their feet on the ice), drink hot chocolate and steaming coffees, share cabbage roll casserole, and enjoy the company of whoever can make it. (My husband is child number six of nine, so there are bound to be those who don't show.)

Yesterday was valentine's day, but I think Family Day is a much nicer celebration.


 
Happy Family Day, from us to you!♥


2 comments:

  1. What a cute picture of you guys! I can't believe how big he's getting! So adorable! Pretty soon he'll be running around like AJ is right now, singing Jesus Loves Me at the top of his lungs and only pausing to tell me that he has boogies in his nose! Happy Family Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Family Day! I wish they had that here!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails