Tuesday 2 November 2010

Satisfied

What does it mean to be satisfied? When asked today whether I am satisfied with my job, I paused to think about the word.
Often, we think of satisfied as a lesser, barely acceptable standard in a particular area (I immediately think of multiple choice customer service surveys--excellent/good/satisfactory/fair/poor). But that's not entirely accurate. Being satisfied means getting just what we need from something. When we're satisfied with dinner, we are not still hungry; nor have we over-indulged. When we're satisfied with the outcome of a project, we are happy with the results, not wishing for something more, not wishing we could take anything back. When our desires are satisfied, we get exactly what we need. Nothing more. Nothing less. Satisfied is a perfect fit for our need.

Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name...who satisfies your desires...
Ps 103:1, 5



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails